Youth participating in any of our programs can find academic and financial support for post secondary schooling through one of the scholarship opportunities offered by our various supporters. Scholarship applications are closed for the 2015-2016 school year. Thank you to all applicants and foundations.
2017 Takacs Scholarship Award
Andra Takacs Scholarship – 2017 Grade 8 Scholarship
Little Brothers and/or Little Sisters who are in Grade 8 are welcome to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Are in Grade 8 during the 2016/2017 School Year
- Are actively matched in either the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program, Big Rec or the In-School-Mentoring Program
- Willing to work for it by completing an Official Application with required signatures and referrals completed by the listed deadline
The purpose of the Andra Takacs Scholarship is to encourage students to continue with their schooling after high school, by giving them academic and financial support. The award consists of a (one time) $200 dollar prize and post-secondary tuition assistance of $20,000 ($5000 per year for four years), conditional upon satisfactory academic progress. The $200 prize is given to the award recipients at their grade 8 graduation ceremony in June (subject to approval of the school principal). Post-secondary tuition assistance is provided at the time of enrolment and will be applied directly toward tuition fees and other academic expenses. The scholarship may be used at the University of Toronto or any other accredited post-secondary school approved by the University of Toronto, including those outside Toronto. It is up to winners to finish high school and gain admission to an accredited post-secondary institution.
How to Apply:
Eligible Littles (or Guardians of Littles or Bigs of eligible Littles) must contact Angie Trujillo, Coordinator of Service Delivery & Administration, and request an official Application Packag
email bigbrothersbigsisters.ca or phone 416-925-8981 ext 4100
Application Deadline is March 31st 2017 and must be submitted directly to the scholarship committee of the Andra Takacs Scholarship.
If you have any questions, please contact Angie Trujillo at bigbrothersbigsisters.ca or 416-925-8981 ext 4100 or drop by BBBST Head Office
2017 B.O.L.T Charitable Foundation
Bother Bigs and Littles are welcome to apply for the B.O.L.T Foundation scholarship if they meet the application criteria.
- Must have significant economic disadvantages or adversities
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or landed immigrant living in the GTA
- Must be 18-29 years old
- Must have applied to the college, university or training facility by the prescribed deadline
- Must be registered for full time studies in one of the designated programs
- Proof of acceptance by the College/University training facility is required
- Must provide evidence of a sincere interest in a career in construction (could include participation in the B.O.L.T. Day of Discovery, Job Shadowing on a construction site, employment in the construction industry, completion of a high school construction program, or other to be assessed on an individual basis).
A list of some of the eligible courses is available on the website at www.boltonline.org and courses not appearing on the list will be evaluated on an individual basis.
How to Apply:
The due date to submit the scholarship is May 10th 2017. Please view the Application information sheet to apply.